Sunday 26 April 2015

Meal Prep Prep

So today is the first Sunday where I'm going to attempt and meal prep for the rest of the week. This could either go really well, or really, really badly. I have written up a plan of meats, veg and carbs that we enjoy and also worked out how much the best portion for us is. So here is what I'll be doing later. I will then explain how I am going to attempt to take these foods forward for 3 days.

Protein:

3 x Chicken Breast
1 x 500g Mince
6 x Fish Fillet (mix between Salmon, Tuna and White Fish)

Carbs:

6 cups Wholemeal Pasta (dry weight)
3 cups Brown Rice (dry weight)
300g Baby Potatoes (boiled and cooled)


Veggies:

3 cups Sweetcorn
2 cups Green Beans
6 cups Broccoli
3 cups Peas
2 bags Salad leaves
1 pack Cherry Tomatoes
1 Bell Pepper
1 Red Onion
2 bags Grapes (red and green)
1 Melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, etc)

Dairy:

Milk
Grated Cheese
Light Soft Cream Cheese (for making into a sauce for snacks)

I plan to use Fry Light or Olive Oil when I'm cooking, if I need to use any at all. Any fat on meats will be cut off and/or drained away during cooking.

All the foods that need to be cooked will be cooked tonight, except the pepper, red onion, salad leaves and fruit. They are for snack pots which I'll also be making up. Once cooked, everything will be cooled and stored in large containers in the fridge ready to be portioned for lunches and evening meals. The idea is to take a portion of each (protein, carb and even a couple of veg) and place in a tupperware box. Do this for 2 meals per day, take with us to work and eat hot or cold as required. Snacks like melon and grape pots can be taken too to avoid unhealthy snacking on the go or getting hungry.

I want to make salad pots with either flaked fish or chopped chicken, salad leaves, salad veg and a drizzle of balsamic and olive oil. The potatoes are more for making snack pots with protein, veg and some philly sauce (like potato salad?).

This plan may work, or may not work, but I want to try and see how well it works for us! Breakfasts will be something we need to sort ourselves as we are both early workers and I can't be assed getting up too early to have breakfast before I leave. I normally grab something at work so I need to have food available to do that. Wholemeal toast could be an option, as could fruit. But a bacon roll always seems to win... The joys of working in catering!

I'll post up again either tonight or tomorrow with how the actual prep goes, then again later in the week to let you know how it has went. I'm excited for this new path in food planning. Hopefully with this, and my carefully planned week including 5 sessions in the gym, I might start seeing results quickly!

#BeastMode #Bulk #Build #GirlsThatLift  Just coz I'm cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment