Monday 19 January 2015

The Plan - Starting Out

So instead of boring the whole of facebook with my updates, it makes more sense to just post a link to my blog now and then. After all, that's where everyone can find all the info on what I'm doing and my goals.

The previous post has a list of accurate goals I have, but there are a few updates required as well as the time frames I'm hoping to use for them. More about that later. First, some stats about me.

For those of you who know me well, you will know how scary the next paragraph is going to be for me (hence stalling as much as I can!). I know it's entirely up to me what I post up here, but there is very little point in trying to write a weight loss/exercise blog without putting up the actual data. Otherwise, I'd just be lying and I'm not going to do that. I'm a big girl (hoping to shrink) and I can deal with any negative comments about it, so 'mon then. Throw them at me. Here goes nothing!

Current Weight: 16st 3lbs.

Yeah, that's right. This time last year I was significantly more than that, and it's very strange to have done NOTHING to decrease this number and find I'm back at my weight that I was when I was 19 years old. This is what has really spurred me on today.

Current Dress Size - Top: 18-20, depending on shape and how much room the twins need to enable me to breath.

Current Dress Size - Bottom: 18. Some things I require a 20 in, like my work trousers because they're just crappy, but otherwise I'm down to an 18. Big positive for me!

I'd be tempted to put my bra size up, but I don't think the world and his mistress need to know that. Do you? No, I didn't think so.

Target Weight (first): 14st 3lbs.

Target Time: 14 weeks (27th April)

Now, for my diet, I'm increasing the protein and complex carbs as mentioned yesterday, so every meal so far has consisted of lean meats (ham, chicken and beef at lunch, pork loin for a post-workout snack) and rice, noodles and other bits and pieces. I also added plenty fresh veg and pumpkin seeds to my lunch, and griddled veg to my snack. I have also increased the volume of water I'm consuming, It's very handy to have a water cooler at one of my sites. In fact, most of them have so I can keep hydrated from now on. I must have had at least 2 litres so far today, as I did at least 20 trips with one of those little cups to the cooler.

My workout: that's a big section to cover! I found a fantastic (in my opinion) workout online which uses all the equipment I have in my home gym and also shows you how to carry out the moves safely and correctly. It covers all the main muscle groups and seems very thorough. It will certainly do until I work my way to a better fitness level and learn more about what other moves can be done to work specific areas of my body. But, for now, here's what I'm doing on a Monday:

Cardio warm up (the first part of my SB workout!)
Bench Dips (3 sets of as many as I can manage. 9 is my average!)
Push Ups (3 sets of 10 - I have to do half ones for now until I'm a little slimmer!)
Dumbell Flys (3 sets of 10)
Bent Over Row (3 sets of 10, increasing in weight)
One Arm Row (3 sets of 10)
Upright Row (3 sets of 10, increasing in weight with the Bent Over Row)
Cooldown and stretching

Is there anything else I can add for a Monday? Or anything that would improve this workout? I have to admit I didn't feel anything for a start, but as time goes on, I know which muscles I've been working!

I'm really enjoying working out and want to continue this momentum. Any support is very welcome, as are walking/jogging buddies!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment