Saturday 17 January 2015

This Is The Year

I have a goal. For the first time ever, I have something I want to work towards and I have the determination to do it. My most recent purchase was a gadget called the Shadow Boxer, which promises a total body workout while teaching you the basics of boxing, which has been something I've been interested in for a long time. It uses resistance bands while carrying out boxing moves to build long, lean muscles and gives you the body you long for. I'm hoping for one where my arms are properly toned, I have developed quads and calves, my muscles are all sculpted and I can eventually start lifting.

My diet is taking a dramatic turn for the better. My balance between protein, carbohydrates and vegetables is going to be a lot more equal. I need to increase the protein and vegetables I eat and reduce the carbs a little to help build my muscles up and help get my body into the shape I want. More than anything, I want my joints and mobility to improve drastically, so that means making big changes in myself. So, from tomorrow on, everything will be different. My work out is going to start properly and I will notice improvements within weeks. My diet is already starting to get under control. I just need to keep it going. Once I get into a routine, it will be so much easier to do this and my routine will be controlled from Monday. I need to use this weekend to get the house in order and prepare for the changes that are going to be made, starting with throwing out all the rubbish food we have in the house.

I will be using my phone and this blog to track my progress, how many workouts I do, how often and how much resistance I'm using. I also plan to buy a diary to track my reps once I start to increase my work out and add in the weight lifting element to truly sculpt myself.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best workout moves for dumbells, a weight bar, or a weight bench, please let me know. I could use information on the correct way to do things, and how to do it without causing damage rather than doing good. Also, any advice for the best nutrition and a good protein shake would be very much appreciated.

Thanks folks :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment